Some of us meet in February in Reno. From left to right: Alexsander Magnuson, Nils-Ole Stubberud, Nuno Prates, Anders Engstrøm, Jose Maria Losa, Miguel Estade and Zolt Kohalmi.
SCI EUROPE COMMITTEE
- a) The committee shall consist of the following members: the chairman, who shall be a citizen of a European country and a member of a European chapter in good standing; vice-chairs who shall be the European Regional Representatives; the current SCI President and President-Elect; International Directors who are citizens of a European country; Presidents of European chapters in good standing; and the Chair of the committee of the International Affairs and Development Committee. A committee member qualifying for membership on more than one ground shall have one vote only. The SCI President shall appoint the chair of the committee from persons nominating themselves or nominated by another in writing.
*What to do in case a tie could result. The chair does not vote unless it is necessary to break a tie. If there is an issue before the committee on which the chair feels he must participate and vote, he can relinquish the chair temporarily and appoint someone else to act as chair. He can participate in the issue and cast his vote and then when that matter is concluded he can resume the chairmanship of the meeting.
- b) The mission and purpose of the committee is to: ensure the SCI activities in Europe fulfill the mission statement of SCI; advise the Executive Committee on all matters of concern to the committee; and increase the membership and influence of SCI in Europe.
- c) The committee may establish, oversee and manage any subsidiary bodies necessary for its activities, and shall be responsible for coordination and consistency between any such subsidiary bodies, the committee and other committees of SCI, and the SCI Foundation.
- d) The SCI Chief Executive Officer shall on the selection recommendation of the chair of the International Affairs and Development Committee make provision for one professional support operative located in Europe. The chair (or, if none, the chair of the International Affairs and Development Committee) shall direct the activities of the operative in coordination with the head of the Chapter Service Specialist Team, to whom the operative shall report. Those activities may not include support to persons who are not members of SCI.
About Ethics and Code of Conduct Committee rules of Procedure:
3.4 The investigative team is responsible for the review, analysis and summarization of all information which form the record of the case. Where the Respondent resides in a European country, they shall seek input from the Europe Committee.
- STRATEGY, ADVOCACY & LEGAL AFFAIRS
- CONSERVATION, RECORD BOOK & FOUNDATION
- COMMUNICATIONS, MEMBERSHIP & EVENTS
The task forces will act as an advisory team on mandate from the European Committee when an issue, question or item falls into his field.
Each Task Force remains free to make proposals on topics that are relevant or of interest to the European Committee.
The proposed task force members will be elected in Mai 2020.
ADVISORS & CONSULTANTS: The European committee can appoint advisors and consultants based on need.
SHORT TERM GOALS:
- Hire one full time staff member for Europe Committee Membership. DONE: Pedro Vitorino
- Hire one full staff member for Advocacy and Legal Affairs in Brussels DONE: Konstantina Katrimpouza (SCI 40% / FACE 60%).
MIDDLE TERM GOALS:
- Increase membership
- Increase SCI influence in Europe
LONG TERM GOALS:
- Create one SCI European Convention
- Create one SCI European Foundation
Chairman Dr M.ESTADE *
Vice Co Chairs (RR) J.M.LOSA* A.ENGSTROM* Z.KOHALMI*
SCI President S.SKOLD
SCI President Elect S.CHAPMAN
Int.Directors B.HIDVEGI U.D’ENTREVES Dr M.ESTADE*
N.O.STUBBERUD A.ENGSTROM* LUCA GAETI
(All elected – official 1 July 2020)
ITALIAN (T.Terzi) IBERIAN (JM.Losa*) LUSITANIA (N.Prates)
ROYAL NORDIC (A.Magnusson) C. HUNGARIAN (J.Nemeth)
KINGDOM OF DENMARK (C.Ottesen) HELVETIAN (A.Spillmann)
UKRANIAN (A.Kovalenko) LONDON (S.Jones) C. AUSTRIA (B.Hluszik)
Chairman of IADC Dr M.ESTADE*
*One vote only.